Introduce Yourself

Neuroendocrine Tumour Support Group Forums NET Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 52 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  LIZ DWAN 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Garry

Garry again. Just to add that I am live in Dublin and am 69 years of age.
    I had my surgeries and treatment in Beaumont Hospital and was only transferred to St Vincent’s last October when told that the cancer was back in my liver. I was made very welcome by the team and feel very comfortable under the professional care of Prof O’ Toole and Prof O’Shea and the availability of the Oncology nurse Lisa , is an added bonus.

I was very happy to discover the NET Patient Network as I felt very isolated with this rare form of cance and look forward to attending the next seminar /conference.

Chris

Like Garry, I live in Dublin and am 69 years of age. I had my kidney surgery in Beaumont and was transferred to St Vincent’s where I attend for kidney and liver treatment and scans.

Terry M

My name is Terry and have just completed CT and MRI scans which show NET lesions in my liver. Original site was colon and had surgery in 2003 to remove NET and lymph nodes. Just got word today on treatment plan which includes monthly injection and possibly surgery in the new year and I am very pleased to finally have a plan to go with. Great to know that there are so many people that are alive and kicking with NETs.

Garry

Welcome on board Terry …….sounds like we have a lot in common!

dawn

H toi to everyone

Dawn from Kerry here. Just popped in to say I plan to be at the netpatient conference in St Vincents Nov 8th and look forward to meeting other members of this much welcomed forum. I had a typical carcinoid resected june 2012 ( lower left lobectomy) and was also diagnosed with DIPNECH at that time.
    I actually lost one of my very dearest friends to NETs some 10 yrs ago now and could never have imagined my own health journey would run so parallel to hers. Having her in my life has helped me so much to not be too scared of where my own journey may now lead. It is two fold emotions that come with knowing this type of cancer is slow growing, yes at time I get huge strength from knowing that, other times I can almost feel myself suffocating knowing that at any follow up after scans you may be told there is growth/change/new nodule/. Most days I just get on with living and enjoying life. Looking fwd to meeting some of you.Dawn

Garry

Good to hear from you Dawn. My follow up scan is next week and I agree that it is a “scary” time but all we can do Is live in hope.

Look forward to meeting you on 8thNov.

dawn

Hey Gary

just want to wish you the very best with your scans. Fingers/toes crossed.

look forward to meeting you. Wondering how we will recognise each other and other members too ??? Might dye silver head green lol. Good luck

LIZ DWAN

Hi Peter
    I think I know the name! I lived in Dundalk for a 7 years in the eighties. Hope you are doing well!

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.